Zucchini Slice Recipe: Due to the Coronavirus Pandemic outbreak 😩 , the lockdown has been announced in all parts of the world and people are supposed to stay at their homes.
In many of the countries, lockdown ls were announced for an indefinite period 😩 .
It is a tough time and when it comes to food lovers, most of their cravings will go unsatisfied.😋
So here’s something, a delicious snack that can be prepared within an hour with easily available ingredients from your home.
So it’s the Zucchini Slice Recipe 😋, a great snack to enjoy this quarantine indoors.
Ingredients for Zucchini Slice 😦
- Starting with one large Zucchini, in a grated form along with five eggs and enough pepper.
- This is for six servings and uses ingredients accordingly.
- The next on the list would be the vegetables, 400g of Carrot 🥕.
- Pumpkin or Sweet Potato 🥔 , all of them peeled neatly and grated later.
- More vegetables in the form of Onions, one medium brown onion, once again peeled and diced neatly.
- It needs tomatoes too, three of them well sliced and this one for layers.
- Keeping all the vegetables aside,
- Now 2 teaspoons of mixed herbs 🥗,
- It could also use some drained frozen peas.
- An oil spray, which can be Olive oil or Canola Oil,
- 1 cup of Cheddar cheese in a grated form.
- The usage of ones available with reduced fat is advised.
- Along with that, we need a 3/4th cup of wholemeal self-raising flour.
- Last but not the least, one of the major ingredients, one and a half cup of Canned Corn Kernels.
Ingredients for a simple green side salad can also be prepared which can be served alongside the Zucchini.
Alternative options for Vegetables 🤔
Well as of now, the availability of all kinds of vegetables can’t be guaranteed and in that case.
There are other possible alternatives too for the preparation of Zucchini Vegetables like:
- Baby Spinach,
- Cherry tomatoes,🍅
- Asparagus in a neatly chopped form,
- Broccoli florets, 🥦
- Potato 🥔 in a grated form or even Mushrooms can be used instead of the above-mentioned vegetables.
Since Zucchini is the major ingredient here,
The supplements here will only affect the flavor of the Zucchini and nothing more.
Also for people who are uncomfortable with the above-mentioned vegetables can try out the other ones for a new delicious food experience during this quarantine.
Preparation Method for Zucchini Slice Recipe 😛
- The oven should be preheated to 200°C and now it’s time to use the ingredients.
- Move the eggs to a medium-sized jug, use black pepper to it and keep it aside.
- Now pick a large bowl to mix the ingredients.
- So all the sliced, grated vegetables and all the remaining ingredients except tomatoes are used to create a mixture in the bowl.
- Stir them continuously until they form into a perfect blend.
- Add the eggs from the jug and continue stirring so that the mix is complete.
- Now use the oil through the spray on the baking dish.
- Use a spoon to pour the mix to the baking dish and use the tomatoes to cover the layers.
- It normally needs a baking time of 40 to 45 minutes.
- After 45 minutes, leave the pan for 10 more minutes and now your Zucchini Slice is ready to be served.
It can be served with a green side salad, which will make this more delicious 😍.
Even other usual decorative things can be added to this zucchini slice 😋.
Nutritional value of Zucchini Slice
In a single serving of normal zucchini slice 😇,
- Eggs 🥚 contain 19g of protein,
- 9g fat,
- 7g of fiber.
The nutritional values vary in the case of Vegetarian and Gluten-free Zucchini Slice.
Without eggs, a serving of protein provides less protein while the gluten-free zucchini slice, since it is a major part of the keto diet, is more about protein and fat and contains fewer carbs.
Vegetarian Zucchini Slice Recipe 😋
Just because you are a vegetarian, or you are cooking for a vegetarian, they can also enjoy the Zucchini Slice Recipe which is vegan.
The Vegetarian Zucchini can be prepared very easily by altering a few ingredients and steps in the preparation of non-vegetarian Zucchini.
So the main non-vegetarian content in Zucchini.
Eggs should be removed for making a perfectly vegetarian Zucchini.
Along with all other vegetables.
Instead of eggs, We can add a lot more new ingredients to the vegetarian Zucchini Slice Recipe.
The new ingredients hereby would be
- One cup of chickpea flour,
- One cup of coconut cream 🥥 or milk 🥛 and even yeast can be added to the vegetarian Zucchini Slice Recipe.
The rest of the methods of preparation and ingredients remain the same.
So you can enjoy the vegetarian Zucchini using these methods.
Gluten-Free Zucchini 😉
This gluten-free zucchini slice recipe is for all the ones who are concerned about physical fitness but can’t say zucchini slice.
Yes, a delicious zucchini can be made without flour or pastries that are gluten-free.
Just like what we did with the vegetarian Zucchini.
It is just a matter of a couple of ingredients that should be substituted by some other.
So first of all, for a gluten-free zucchini.
You need bacon and eggs along with all other usual ingredients.
The vegetables can be used accordingly, also cream and cheese preferred.
The bacon should be diced properly and it is one of the best uses of bacon in a recipe.
The bacon, which adds to the deliciousness of the Zucchini makes it so tasty.
It is also a good choice for fitness enthusiasts as bacon and zucchini contain a lot of nutrients and their combination is really good for health.
Undoubtedly, Zucchini are a part of many types of diets like keto.
Zucchini is one of the delicious snacks you can make at your kitchen with easily available commodities, especially during this lockdown and quarantine.